Here’s a rundown of information available so far about Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s financial situations:
- U.S. Newsreports that “The larger Tsarnaev family ended up living on public assistance in Cambridge, Mass,” which in context of the article was probably around 2010.
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev received a $2,500 scholarship from the city of Cambridge in May 2011 to pursue higher education.
- Tamerlan Tsarnaev was unemployed, but his wife, Katherine Russell, was working long hours as a home health care aide. During their last conversation, Tamerlan told his uncle that he fixes cars, but he did not say whether he was earning wages.
- Patimat Suleimanova, the Tsarnaev brothers’ aunt, said that “the brothers had stumbled upon money problems” in 2012, and that their father Anzor Tsarnaev “would send money from here when he could.”
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev withdrew $800 from Bank of America an ATM card stolen from the Tsarnaev’s carjacking victim…
View original post 307 more words